Vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and trace elements in the diet play a very important role in keeping skin healthy. It is essential to eat balanced and healthy food for vitamins. It is also beneficial to consume vitamin supplements and topical products along with diet. Vitamin E is very useful for issues like acne, psoriasis, premature aging, dull, lustreless skin, and dry skin. It is a fat-soluble and essential nutrient that has anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin E is not a single vitamin.
What are the different types of Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is naturally available in 8 different forms Alpha-, Beta-, Gamma-, and Delta-tocotrienol and Alpha-, Beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocopherol. According to the National Institute of Health, a tocopherol is a form of vitamin E that we need.
Benefits of vitamin E:
- Vitamin E also repairs the skin and different disorders of the skin. This protects from sun damage and helps to heal scars and burns. It has also been helpful in wound healing and reducing stretch marks.
- If a person includes gentle massages with vitamin E in your daily skincare routine, it can help to reduce dark circles to some extent.
- Vitamin E also acts as a cleanser because it removes impurities like dust and debris and maintains the skin’s oil balance.
- Vitamin E hydrates and moisturizes dry or chapped lips and makes them soft so it is also good for lips. It is quite beneficial for atopic dermatitis and fatty liver disease when taken orally.
- Often the vitamin E levels in the skin may reduce due to exposure to the sun or UV light.
- The vitamin E levels in the body will reduce as the person ages. But vitamin E is available in a lot of foods and is available
Is vitamin E good for glowing skin?
Vitamin E prevents damage that occurs due to free radical because it is antioxidant. It removes harmful toxins from the body and it has also many useful functions that describe below:
- It also protects the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays and prevents skin cancer, premature aging, itching skin, and eczema. But it does not reduce itching caused by allergies or infections.
- If a person suffers from mild psoriasis, vitamin E is a good option.
- It has moisturizing and healing properties that help to keep skin healthy.
- Vitamin E nourishes the skin from within and makes it soft.
- Vitamin E may also help to reduce the appearance of scars and rejuvenate the scars.
What are the benefits of vitamin E cream on face?
Topical vitamin E has a lot of benefits for the skin so it is available in cream and oil form. It is used in different cosmetic products like anti-aging creams, skin rejuvenation, skin lightening creams, daily skincare products or night creams, eye serums, sunscreens, and makeup products. Vitamin E is a very good moisturizer for dry skin but it is very thick. It is also available in capsule form and it can be cut open and applied directly onto dry areas.
Is vitamin E helpful in preventing fine lines, wrinkles, freckle, loose skin, and early aging?
The answer is yes, it can treat fine lines and wrinkles. Nowadays wrinkles are becoming more and more visible due to photo aging, sun damage, pollution, and dry skin. Vitamin E keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized, this reduces wrinkles and makes skin look youthful.
Which food contain vitamin E?
Vitamin E is available in a lot of different healthy natural foods like broccoli, spinach, etc. Dry fruits, vegetable oils, and sunflower seeds also have vitamin E. In non-vegetarian foods, seafood, eggs, and fish such as salmon are good sources of vitamin E.
Is vitamin created synthetically?
This natural vitamin E is called d-alpha-tocopherol. Vitamin E is also created synthetically. The synthetic form of vitamin E is name dl-alpha-tocopherol. Natural vitamin E is always better . Vitamin E is easily absorbe and it is combine with vitamin C as well.
How much vitamin E per day for a teenager, adult and woman ?
Vitamin E is recommend a person his age. The National Institute of Health recommends 15 milligrams daily to teenagers, adults, and pregnant women. Vitamin E oil can be used 4 or 5 times a week. But this depends on skin type. If the skin type is dry or combination type, then use vitamin E 3 times a week. If a person has oily skin he can use vitamin E oil once a week.
Is vitamin E safe to take orally?
There is no limitation on eating vitamin E-rich foods. This is not harmful to you at all. But taking vitamin E supplements is little risky sometimes. Vitamin E in large doses may cause bleeding and blood clots in the brain. Vitamin E also interferes with certain medications. And reduces the chemotherapy and radiation treatment effectiveness.
Who should not use vitamin E ?
- If a woman is pregnant then she takes vitamin E supplements only under the supervision of her doctor.
- If a person has had angioplasty or heart surgery they should avoid vitamin E because it will interfere with the healing process.
- Using vitamin E if a person has diabetes may increase the chances of heart failure.
- Avoid using vitamin E if have an eye condition called retinitis pigmentosa as it may cause vision loss.
- If a person is suffering from bleeding disorders, do not use vitamin E supplements.
- If a person has head or neck cancer avoid taking vitamin E supplements.
- Someone is planning to get any surgery done, stop eating or using vitamin E 2 weeks prior to the surgery.
- Don’t take any supplements without consulting with a doctor.
Vitamin E is good for oily skin?
If someone has very sensitive or oily skin you should not use vitamin E. Vitamin E oil is not good for oily and acne-prone skin. Vitamin E may cause itching, rashes and irritation in some people , this is very uncommon.
Vitamin E is available in many forms like capsules, creams, oils, serums, and moisturizers. It is also naturally available in diets like fruits, vegetables, and meat. But must keep it in mind that should take vitamin E supplements only under the supervision of the doctor. Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Do regular exercise , Eat fresh vegetables and fruits, , manage your stress and stay happy. So, skin can definitely become glowing and healthy.