Obesity or obese people:
Obesity is a disease because it involves an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity meaning is excess fat in the body and obesity itself is extremely dangerous. Excess fat can cause serious diseases.
Symptoms of obesity:
There are many symptoms of obesity disease. So the people's weight is above the ideal weight it could lead to overweight and then obesity. Obesity is diagnosed when the body mass index is higher than the normal (18.5 to 24.9). However muscular athletes may have BMI in the Obesity category even though they don't have excess fats in their body and they are not obese.
- Obesity does not come alone. When the person is obese all the systems of the body like the circulatory system, digestive system, and excretory system have to work harder.
- An obese person is prone to have serious problems like heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- Obesity may also lead to certain types of cancer like cancer of the cervix, ovaries, breast, uterus, colonand endometrium cancer.
- Also cause rectum, esophagus, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidney, and prostate problems like heartburn, gallbladder disease, liver disorder, gynecological problems, reproductive problems, sexual issues, and osteoarthritis pain in all the body joints.
Causes of Obesity and how obesity effects the body:
Obesity is cause by a combination of causes like excess food intake, lack of physical activities, and genetic Factors. Statistics for obesity shows that when a person takes more calories than required then calories get stored in the form of fat such as fast foods and beverages that are too high in calories.
- Sometimes hormonal disorders like PCOD and hypothyroidism could also be a side effect of medication, psychiatric illness, loneliness, depression, menopause, emptiness syndrome may also cause emotional eating for comfort and pleasure that causes obesity.
- Genetics may also play a role in how efficiently the body converts food into energy and controls appetite.
- Sometimes obesity tends to run in the family not just because of the genes but sometimes when it comes to eating then family members generally make similar lifestyle choices that cause obesity.
- Obesity may be because of medical causes. Medical problems of bones such as arthritis are also can lead to inactivity. Due to this inactivity body gain weight.
- Some medications like antidepressants, anti-seizure medication, diabetes medication, antipsychotic medication, and steroids can cause weight gain.
- Physical inactivity also causes obesity.
- Other common causes of obesity include lack of sleep and smoking and drinking.
Treatment for obesity:
- Obesity can be control by adopting the correct lifestyle.
- Sometimes popular methods of weigh loss and different types of anti obesity drugs have a risk of side effects.
- One treatment is obesity surgery that is bariatric surgery. It is done in this condition when the body has many health problems due to obesity. After surgery to maintain healthy weight lifestyle management is the key otherwise it will lead to weight gain again.
Different ways to cure obesity naturally:
- Yoga is a complete package dealing which also encourages a person to look closely at certain lifestyle aspects such as diet, exercise, state of mind, and so on.
- Diet plays a 70 percent role in losing weight. So, a person should eat fresh, natural, fibrous, and digestible food.
- Eat curd and other fermented food drink to improve the flora of the gut.
- A person should drink daily at least 8 to 10 glasses of water.
- Increase fluid intake by taking coconut water, herbal and fruit infusion tea, and herb-infused water.
- The stomach is the size of our fists. Fill ¾ the portion of the stomach with nutritious fluid and leave ¼ empty for the proper movement of the food and for the formation of gases.
- Chew the food well as this will prevent overeating.
- Also, increased dietary fiber as it makes feel full without extra calories, and food will stay in the stomach for longer and forms the bulk to prevent constipation. However, eat small frequent meals for better absorption.
- To avoid extra calories for the body try to reduce snacking between meals.
- An obese person's dinner will always be light and it must have soups. If dinner is heavy it will cause weight gain at home.
- Avoid foods loaded with calories such as sweets, sweetened drinks, fried foods, chocolates, and so on.
- Make a habit of using less salt.
- Avoid any such activities which require you to sit or stand in one place. Always walk as much as possible for a healthy body.
- One important factor is good sleep because poor sleep can cause stress and moodiness which leads to an increase in hunger.
- If someone is determined to lose weight so it is very important to follow the routines to manage weight.
- Most of the time weight gain is a psychosomatic problem so it is important to develop awareness about emotional eating.
- Remember that any food one eats when someone is stress. This food does not get digested properly and turns into toxins that worsen the weight problem.
Who is most likely to suffer from obesity?
Those people who have irregular pattern of eating, lack of physical movement and eat high calories food.